Top 5 Tips for Scheduling at Bellaire Diagnostic Imaging
You need to get medical diagnostic tests done but don't know how to get started? Here are some tips to walk you through the process.
1. Get a doctor's order/referral. Here at Bellaire Diagnostic Imaging, we do request you get a referral from a licensed healthcare provider before you get any medical imaging done. This will help ensure that you are getting the procedure needed for your individual case as well as help us provide you the proper guidance after your exam.
2. Call ahead to request availability and schedule an appointment. We do accept walk-ins depending on availability, but we don't want you to have to wait. Call us first to reserve a space and speed up the check in process. Some insurance plans also require pre-authorization before your exam, so if you call ahead, we can get started for you.
3. Have insurance? Tell us beforehand. We want to make your time with us as smooth and quick as possible, so let us know if you have insurance. We'll make sure we're in-network and inform you of your benefits so you're 100% prepared.
4. Don't have insurance? No worries. We offer cost-friendly self pay rates that compete even with insurance rates. Our patients who have insurance often skip the hassle of insurance claims by opting for our self pay rates instead. Save yourself time, stress, and money!
5. Listen carefully to all instructions. Some of our exams require preparation (such as fasting for 6 hours). When you make your appointment, we will carefully provide you with any instructions you need to be aware of prior to your exam. These preparations help ensure that we are able to provide you with the best possible images for your diagnostic imaging exam.
Lastly, check out our website. Here you can find a list of frequently asked questions about all our MRI, computed tomography (CT), ultrasound, x-ray, and bone mass density (DEXA) services and even schedule your imaging exam online. Our goal is to guide you through the entire process, so you can also call us about any questions/concerns you may be having. Our friendly staff speaks English, Spanish, Chinese, and Vietnamese.
We appreciate your business and look forward to providing you superior customer service.